Route

Thursday, July 26, 2012

My Friend arrives in Frankfurt

My friend arrived with no problems and bubbling over with joy at being overseas with me. We went to the hotel room and caught up on lost time! We used everything in the room, leaving it in a mess and with no tip. I had booked it for two nights at 85 marks a night (without breakfast), it would normally have cost 530 marks a night. The sun stays up late (until about 10) so we went into Frankfurt and looked around but I'm afraid that even on my second look it didn't improve my opinion of it much. In my opinion it has little to offer.
My friend bought $2000 and 2000 Francs (about $300) it was enough for one but I was definitely planning on leaning on him for this trip. I was excited to see him and anxious to see my reaction to him. We picked up exactly where we had left off. He asked me about men on this trip and I told him I'd had a fling with someone in Greece. he flipped out and it caused problems the whole following day. Why hadn't I told him over the phone, he wouldn't have come, how many times must he forgive this...blah blah but he was glad I was honest. I didn't actually "do" anything and I didn't tell him on the phone because I knew he wouldn't come.
So although this put a strain on the visit, I still felt it was the right thing to do by telling him. Basically our relationship was stronger than ever. We had dinner in a Turkish restaurant. He was having to find very simple food because everything was not kosher. This means he didn't get to taste the local cuisine.

No comments:

Post a Comment