Route

Thursday, July 4, 2024

Back in Munich

 We reached Munich and immediately put our luggage which was really a burden into lockers at the train station. then we set off into Munich. Our main reason for going there was to sort out my finances, as I needed to leave my bank card with Paula, withdraw enough money to travel, and leave my air ticket money there, so before I go to Israel I'll have to go through Munich again.

First I showed my Friend the few sites you can see in one day - the central plaza, Marianplatz, the big beer hall, Hofbrauhaus, and we had lunch (shawama). We then sat in a pub playing cards until I thought Paula would be home then we got on a tube to go to my old home, the Sheraton house.

While sitting on the tube I saw Paula and Ros (a girl we worked with) get on. So we joined up. Paula and my Friend were overly friendly considering the fact that the last time they met they were on the opposite sides of a bar fight. We went to the flat, and Paula and I discussed our finances. Eventually after tea and some rather forced communication, we left for the Hauptbahnhof.

We were however late for the 9 o'clock so we waited for the 11 o'clock train. The train station, now familiar to me was dirty and new for my Friend. After some expensive vinegar-drenched salads we got on the train for Paris. We got a compartment to ourselves but spent the night adjusting the temperature gauge to get above freezing. Tthe train took all night, arriving in Paris at 11am the next morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment